1) Golden Horseshoe Riding Club, from here on known as the GHRC, Hamilton, Ont. Is the Canadian Headquarters for the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club and all future Chapters and Membership will take direction from said Headquarters and will comply with the constitution of this club. Any information about the Golden Horseshoe R.C. and the operation of its Constitution should be directed to the Founder and President.
2) For those wishing to form a Chapter you must apply by emailing GHRC President. 1st Officers must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid motorcycle endorsement on their license. The Provincial/State Officer would make contact with the applicant and the First Officers of any other Chapters that would be deemed to be in close proximity. Before approval has been obtained, the applicant will then be required to purchase the Club Patch and have at least five other prospective members. Upon submitting proof of purchase, the Vice President will then open the Chapter and assign the Chapter a Chapter Name. The applicant that applies for and GHRC Chapter will at that point be known as the 1st Officer of that Chapter and will take direction from the Provincial/State Officer in which they applied. Any information needed about Chapters and Officers of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club will need to be directed to the President of the GHRC.
3) All First Officers of formed Chapters will be sent the current codes to access those areas restricted to Club Officers. The First Officer may also place within the Chapter a Second Officer with the approval of the President. The Second officer is also required to purchase and wear the club patch.
4) All First Officers must maintain current Email, Phone Number and Address with the GHRC. Officers who do not maintain lines of communication with GHRC National, their Provincial/State Officer and their Chapter members shall be replaced. If no replacement First Officer is found, the Chapter will be closed and the remaining Membership moved to the closest Chapter. Any Member of the Chapter may contact the Provincial/State Officer or President as a request to assume the role as the New First Officer. The Provincial Officer and the President will issue all decisions on these requests.
5) The Club Patch of the GHRC and the names “GHRC” and “Golden Horseshoe Riding Club” are Registered Trademark and as such are not to be reproduced for sale by ANY member or outside entity ” Profit or Non Profit ” for any reason without the written permission of the GHRC Trademark Owner. The “Patch” and the name “Golden Horseshoe Riding Club” may be reproduced for Membership Cards, Letterhead, Newsletters and other similar items. All Graphics used on the National Web Site may be used on the Chapter Web Sites with permission from the GHRC. Chapter Web Sites will need to be approved before they are listed on the National Site and all updates involving the National Web Site will need to be directed to the Webmaster for the National Website.
6) The “Patch”, as worn on the vest or jacket shall consist of the Golden Horseshoe worn on the upper half of the vest or jacket as the cut of the vest may allow. The GHRC Club Patch is not and should not be referred to as “Colors”. No three-piece patches are permitted in the GHRC. No Member of the GHRC shall ever add the letters MC or wear the designation 1% on their vest, jacket or any other article of clothing while representing the GHRC. No M/C or 1% Support patches or any kind of MC support insignias, such as hats, T-shirts, stickers on helmets or bikes, or representations of any kind, will be displayed by members of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club while wearing the GHRC patch, participating in Golden Horseshoe RC events, or representing the GHRC in any way. No Rockers/Chapter Location Bars – “CLUBs” that identify a City, Province, State, or Territory or anything giving the appearance of a rocker will be worn with the GHRC “Golden Horseshoe” on the back of the vest or jacket. The Golden Horseshoe RC is a neutral, family oriented, international riding club and cannot show preference to any one club over another. Other patches that present the Golden Horseshoe RC in a bad light will also not be worn. If there is any doubt, contact the Membership Director for clarification.
1) The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club considers safety to be the most important feature of any ride. Given the nature of the club’s free structure and that membership in the GHRC is voluntary; at no time does the GHRC accept responsibility for any rider’s actions or lack of action before, during or after a ride. Each individual rider is 100% responsible for:
a) safely operating their vehicle in accordance with all applicable Federal, Provincial, State and local laws.
b) Making sure that they and their vehicle are un-impaired, and are currently functioning safely.
c) Making sure that they can perform and manoeuvre safely in the riding environment that they are in. Should they be not 100% sure of their ability in the current ride, they must remove themselves from the situation. At all times, each rider must ride within their capabilities.
d) Section (a) – (c) above and thus, ultimately, their own safety, actions and/or lack of action.
It is the duty of every rider to make sure the environment is safe for themselves as well as for other riders. In doing so, every ride will be as safe as possible.
2) The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club does not condone drinking and riding. Anyone participating in a Golden Horseshoe RC ride or event who consumes alcoholic beverages or any other substance that may impair their ability to operate a motorcycle or any other motor vehicle does so without the consent of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club. Everyone that participates in a GHRC ride or event must follow the laws regarding driving under the influence set forth by the Province(s) or State within which that ride or event will take place.
3) The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club requires all members to follow and observe all State, Provincial and Local Laws while participating in a GHRC Event. The Golden Horseshoe RC does not condone any illegal activities or practices while riding in or holding an event or ride including but not limited to parading and road blocking. Whenever possible, event or ride organizers will coordinate with their local law enforcement or department of transportation for their assistance in road blocking for large processions. If law enforcement assistance is not available, large groups must be split into smaller groups that will be manageable without blocking any intersection, streets or drives. Any violation of this article will be reviewed by the National Officers and could lead to dismissal from the Golden Horseshoe RC.
4) Any officer recognized by this constitution for the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club may dismiss anyone participating in a GHRC ride or event if they are endangering the safety of ride participants. Ultimately it is the individual’s responsibility to maintain them selves in a safe and lawful manner.
1)The GHRC at the National and International level will consist of National President, National Vice President, National Membership Director, National Rides and Events Director. The term of service of these Officers is unlimited. If one of the National Positions becomes available, the new Officer will be appointed by the GHRC President. The Golden Horseshoe RC President has the right to vote in a New National Officer and to remove one when it becomes necessary to maintain the GHRC to its fullest capabilities.
2) The National President will oversee all activities within The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club and all activities involving the Trademark of the Club. The National President will also maintain the National Web Site and will oversee all Officers and Members within the GHRC. The National President will also oversee the Rides and Events Director on all rides and events through out the GHRC.
3) The National Vice President will assist the National President in overseeing all activities with in the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club. The National Vice President shall maintain the appointment of all State and Provincial, First Officers. All Officers resigning positions shall inform the Vice President and assist at finding a replacement. The National Vice President prior to acceptance shall approve all replacements for State, Provincial and local Chapter Officers and will oversee all Officers within the GHRC. The National Vice President will approve all opening and closing of any chapters in the GHRC and the National Vice President will also oversee The National Membership Director.
4) The National Membership Director will oversee all activities of the General Membership of the GHRC. First Officers will update the National Membership Director on all status changes for Members. Any information regarding the General Membership of the GHRC should be directed to the National Membership Director.
5) Rides and Events Director shall oversee all rides or events throughout the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club. The Rides and Events Director will coordinate with All officers who are setting up a rally or event for their State/Provincial/chapter to assure that the event has met the guidelines set forth for any GHRC event.
6) The Regional Officers are appointed by the President and the Vice President, to serve an unlimited term and may be removed by the same, for conduct that shows the GHRC in a bad light, or any other reason deemed in the best interest of the Club.
7) The Provincial/State Officer shall be appointed by the Regional Officer and approved by the National Vice President to serve an unlimited term and may be removed by the same, for conduct that shows the GHRC in a bad light, or any other reason deemed in the best interest of the Club.
The Provincial/State Officer duties include:
a) Assisting the National Vice President in opening Chapters and determining if a new chapter should open when another chapter exists in close proximity.
b) Assisting the National Vice President in replacement of First Officers in his Province/state, whether they resign or are removed from office.
c) Maintaining communications between Chapter First Officers and the dissemination of information. Provincial/State officers shall keep the National Officers and Regional Officerinformed of all matters that concern the GHRC.
d) Organizing a Provincial/State Rally or Multi-Chapter Events.
e) Provincial/State Officers must have been an actively participating member in the GHRC for a minimum of 1 year. They must have a working email address and phone number.
f ) Provincial/State Officers will not hold any other Full-Time Officer position in the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club.
8) The Assistant Provincial/State Officer shall be appointed by the Provincial/State Officer with the approval of the Regional Officer and the National Vice President to serve an unlimited term and may be removed by the same, or by action of the National Officers, Regional Officer, Provincial/State Officer for conduct that shows the GHRC in a bad light, or any other reason deemed in the best interest of the Club.
The Assistant Provincial/State Officer duties include:
a) Assistant Provincial/State Officers’ only duty is to assist the Provincial/State Officer when needed in the handling of matters within that province or state. The Assistant Provincial/State officer, only when needed, is to step in and take the place of the Provincial or State Officer. However, Assistant Provincial/State Officers cannot remove a member within the GHRC without first obtaining approval from the Provincial/State Officer or National.
b) Assistant Provincial/State Officers must have been an actively participating member in the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club for a minimum of 1 year. They must have a working email address and phone number.
c) Assistant Provincial/State Officers will not hold any other Full-Time Officer position in the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club.
9) First Officers are those that have applied for a Chapter and are in charge of the same. First Officers must be 21 years of age or older. First Officers are required to purchase a large Golden Horseshoe Riding Club patch. They are also required to wear the large patch as long as they are the first officer of the chapter or are an Officer within the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club. First Officers will use their own discretion as to their term of office. When leaving office, they may suggest candidates to the Provincial/State Officer and National Vice President for appointment or an election may be held within the chapter with the approval of the National Vice President.
The National Vice President will approve all First Officers. First Officers may be removed by the National Officers, Regional Officer, Provincial/State Officer with approval of the National Vice President, for conduct that shows the GHRC in a bad light, or any other reason deemed in the best interest of the Club. Officers that resign their positions for any reason shall notify the Provincial/State Officer and/or the National Vice President.
All Officers who resign from their positions for other than hardship reasons will have a 6 month waiting period before they can be considered for another Officer position in the Golden Horseshoe RC. Hardship reasons consist of personal illness or that of a direct family member, death of a direct family member, relocation, temporary financial hardship or extreme time constraints placed on a member by employment, education or family. Officers that have resigned due to hardship will be able to regain an Officers position based on the Chapter’s need and with the Provincial/State Officer and National Vice President’s approval.
First Officers duties are:
a) Keeping chapter Members informed of GHRC National policies and events and also local rides and events.
b) Maintaining communication with their Provincial/State Officers and National Officers.
c) Maintaining their chapter roster and notifying the National Membership Director of all changes in Membership status and member roster information.
d) Maintaining a ride schedule which includes regularly scheduled chapter rides and the possibility for impromptu rides.
e) They must have a working email address and phone number. First Officers will not hold any other Full-Time Officer position in any other riding club.
f) All First officers must be able to lead rides for their chapter.
10) The National Vice President will approve all Second Officers. Second Officers may be removed by a National Officer, Regional Officer, Provincial/State Officer or First Officer with approval of the National Vice President, for conduct that shows the GHRC in a bad light, or any other reason deemed in the best interest of the Club.
Second Officers duties are:
a) Second Officers’ only duty is to assist the First Officer when needed in the handling of matters within that Chapter. The Second Officer, only when needed, is to step in and take the place of the First Officer. However, Second Officers cannot remove a member within the GHRC without first obtaining approval from the First Officer or National.
b) They must have a working email address and phone number. Second Officers will not hold any other Full-Time Officer position in Any other riding club.
c) Second officers must be able to lead a ride if needed.
11) National Officers, Regional Officers, Provincial/State Officers, Assistant Provincial/State Officers and Chapter 1st and 2nd Officers are the only positions that will be recognized by the GHRC and have access to Officer’s Only material.
12) Other Officers may become necessary as the Club grows and will be established by the National Officers and duties described in this Constitution. All officers wear the GHRC patch at all events and rides.
13) The National President or National Vice President or any National Officer can overrule any decision made by any Officer in the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club.
1) The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club is a free, voluntary club. There are no dues but there are some commitments. Membership in the GHRC is open to anyone with an interest in group riding regardless of race, creed or sex and all applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Operators of motorcycles must have a valid Motorcycle endorsement on their license. Members must be either a Rider or Passenger on a street legal Motorcycle that can maintain 100km/h (Highway speed). Spouses, if they ride with their husband or wife as a passenger are eligible to join with the same Membership Status as the motorcycle operator. The GHRC is an open club but retains the right to terminate the membership of any member that is found to be in violation of any part of this constitution or other club rules.
2) The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club is a No Dues, “Family Oriented Club” and does require some attendance to Meetings or Rides. However, lack of Communications and or Participation for 6 months without medical cause or lack of participation through group outings, will lead to revocation of Membership at the discretion of the Chapter First Officer. Each chapter will have a limited membership depending on the size of the city/town for that reason, lack of participation will likely end in membership removal. Only after attempts to contact Member through Email are not responded to or the attempts fail due to incorrect information. The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club is not an Internet Club for Motorcycle enthusiasts.
3) Anyone wishing to apply for Membership shall either complete:
a) An application form that has been reproduced on paper and return it to the chapter 1st Officer.
b) “On Line application” By submitting this email you agree to the Constitution and Code of Conduct of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club (G.H.R.C) as defined on the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club National web page. A signature must appear if using reproduced forms. The GHRC and its Chapter Officers reserves the right to refuse Membership to anyone with the approval of the Membership Director.
4) Upon submission of the Membership Application, the Chapter First Officer shall contact the new applicant as soon as possible, within a week preferably by email or phone.
5) The First Officer may remove Membership from any Member that does not comply with the Constitution of the GHRC or acts in a manner that does not reflect the GHRC in a good light. The First Officer may also turn problems within the Chapter over to the Provincial/State Officer for more direction on the problem with the intent to make a final decision that’s acceptable to the GHRC.
6) Any member that has been active for Three (3) years or more that cannot ride a motorcycle due to health reasons will be allowed to remain on the Chapter Roster as long as they remain active. If they no longer can remain active with a Chapter, they will be moved into the Honoured Chapter so these Members can at least be part of the GHRC when they can.
7) The National President or Vice President and or any National Officer can at any time revoke or refuse membership to any person for the good of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club as a whole.
Our membership in each chapter will be capped, this is to insure that our members do not get lost in the numbers. This club was never set up to be the largest riding club, just a great riding club. Each chapter will be given a membership limit when the chapter is opened. These numbers will be looked at and possibly revised every two years. It is for this reason your participation is important, as it will be necessary for us to remove non participating members to make room for new members who will participate in club activities.
1) Meetings may consist of formal sit down or rides that are conducted by the Chapter.
2) Any National Officer, Regional Officer, Provincial/State Officer, or Chapter First Officer may call meetings.
1) The GHRC will not discourage any member from attending a charity event or any chapter from conducting one. If the GHRC is to sponsor or its name is to be used in the billing of such event, a request for approval of event must be submitted to the National Events Director by filling out the application. After reviewing the submission of documents stating nature of event, benefit organization, insurance information, activity and lodging information. The GHRC President or Vice President will make all decisions as to whether or not the ride or event can be a GHRC function.
2) If the name, Golden Horseshoe Riding Club, GHRC, or the Club Emblem is to be used in the promotion of a charitable event, by a chapter or member, then the beneficiary (Charitable Organization) of the event must be approved by the President or Vice President. This is to include any tee shirts or any banners.
3) No Bank accounts, Savings or Checking under any circumstance, will ever be opened under the name Golden Horseshoe Riding Club by any Officer or Member.
NATIONAL, PROVINCIAL AND STATE EVENTS
1) The GHRC Annual ( NATIONAL RALLY ) will be conducted in a location set aside by the President of the GHRC. The local Chapter/Chapters will be responsible for conducting rides and setting up motels for the Event. One motel will be designated as the headquarters and establishment of the Headquarters will be done as soon as possible for maximum occupancy.
2) Provincial/State and Local Rallies are encouraged and the Provincial/State/Regional Officer will be informed By the Chapter Officer wanting to host the rally. Provincial/State Rallies will not be limited to members in the Province or State, but open to all members of the GHRC. Officers in charge of organizing these events should first contact the GHRC President or Vic President.
3) Chapters are encouraged to hold inter-chapter rides. Chapters are also encouraged to attend local events and conduct local events so to promote the camaraderie of the club, increase chapter participation and demonstrate a positive public image.
1) These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of all the National Officers with the final approval of the President of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club.
The Golden Horseshoe Riding Club Patch and Graphic Replicas are Trademarks of The GHRC, and may not be duplicated or used in anyway, on or off line, without the express permission of the Golden Horseshoe Riding Club Trademark Owner. Other Company Names and Trademarks used in Materials on this Website may be Trademarks of their Respective Owners.